Everything happens in the files
located in the folder /wp-content/plugins/statpress-visitors/def/
- When you see in the main « Overview » page of Visitors a browser or Os that is not well identified or an « Undefined agent », just look in the data table « statpress » with PhpMyAdmin, in the corresponding column « agent » of the visit in the datatable
- When you found it, you copied a right mouse click and paste it into the field « User Agent String Explained » section of this site dedicated to decode the « agents »: User Agent String.Com
You can try too these site :user-agent-string.info
- After a few seconds, you have the result and you can update the file os.dat and browsers.dat.
- The left side is the name as it appears on the main « Overview » page of StatPress Visitors,
- the right side is the identifier that is sent by the browser to StatPress Visitors.
These files can be opened with a text processing software like Word or with Notepad++.
Each line represents a single OS or a single browser. Each line is separated into two parts with the delimiter | (pipe).
It then suffices to add a line composed as follows:
- However, do not add it to chance.
- Delete all the characters « space » of the identifier.
- Give the name that appears on the screen : Name.
- There is an order to comply with, suppose you have the following lines:
Windows 7|WindowsNT6.1| Windows XP|WindowsNT5.1|
If you add the line :
Windows NT 4|WindowsNT|
before these 2 lines, then Windows XP and 7 will not be recognized.
Indeed, the lines will be made as well:
Windows NT 4|WindowsNT| Windows 7|WindowsNT6.1| Windows XP|WindowsNT5.1|
StatPress Visitors look each definition line from the first to the end to find the first match. As identifiers XP, NT4 and 7 begin with the same string “WindowsNT”, only NT 4 will be recognized, Statpress finding a match, will not look any further, which makes sense. Then XP and 7 will not be recognized.
It is therefore necessary to place the « common identifier » at the end.
Thus, we must have the lines:
Windows 7|WindowsNT6.1| Windows XP|WindowsNT5.1| Windows NT 4|WindowsNT|
And now, it’s work.
Thus, XP and 7 are well recognized. StatPress Visitors stop his research before the common identifier “WindowsNT”
Mac OS X Snow Leopard|Mac OS X 10_6_8|
You must write:
Mac OS X Snow Leopard|MacOSX10_6_8|
For historical reason, the line |Netscape|Mozilla|must be at the end of the file. There is a lot of browsers who are Mozilla : Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera. Netscape was the first browser with the identifier « Mozilla » , it has simply been copied by others.
The exact same principle for browsers.
- Write the name of the browser or the Os with lowercase
- Replace all the characters « space » by « _ » (underscore).
- In StatPress Vistors 1.4 or Daily Stat 1.3 : Delete all characters « point ».
- In 1.5 version replace all « point » by a dash ‘-’.
For example, if you added Opera 9.01 in the folder /statpress-visitors/images/browsers the filename of the icon must be
- opera_901.png with StatPress Visitors 1.4 or Daily Stat 1.3
- or must be opera_9-01.png with 1.5 versions
in the folder /statpress-visitors/images/browsers.
You can also actualise all your datable.